Ph. D., ass. prof.,
. My Email address is:
. My Email address is: rait (et) airclima.ru
Experience in EVP and ITC:
7 years (from 2002)
(2001), Ph.D.(2008). Author of studies in the field of mechanics,
experimental parapsychology, founder of the first Russian scientific
Artem V. Miheev, Ph.D., ass. prof,
Vadim K. Svitnev, Ph.D., hydroacoustician
Computer speech phenomena:
Introduction. The study of electronic voice phenomenon (EVP), opened in 20th century by Friedrich Jurgenson, has its history at least 50 years. In general, existing methods of EVP recordings can be divided into 3 classes: microphone technique (Jurgenson), radio methods (Jurgenson, Raudive, Franz Seidl, Marcello Bacci, etc.) and recording by use of special devices (George Meek, Hans Otto Koenig , Jules and Maggie Harsh-Fischbach, etc.).
First, you need to create a sampler in the form of "canned" speech
from the mixture in a foreign language. Any recording with a mixture
of four or five foreign radio stations, carefully checked for possible
coincidences with the native speech can be suitable.
Procedure of recording. Using the standard program Windows Media Player, mp3-file with "cans" is run for playing. It’s necessary to adjust the volume of Windows Media Player (in our experiments it was the level of 15-20 percent). You should also adjust the volume of internal sound card mixer.
This procedure must be repeated 4 times. After four-stage overlaying of the re-recorded speech signal amplitude becomes maximal. The result should look something like this:
Note 1. If you want to choose the number of tracks, other than four, you must select a different initial volume of "cans"
Note 2. Despite of the author’s commitment to elementary style of presentation, it is not an exhaustive guide to the use of software Cool Edit Pro and Adobe Audition. For complete information we strongly recommend you to consult Help menu or the relevant literature.
Note 3. We strongly recommend you to disable your speakers (headphones) till the end of recording.
Listening and Processing. Since on the fourth track your question via the microphone is not always heard clearly, we recommend you first call the first track (by the double clicking on it by the left mouse button), listen to your question and remember the time where it ends on the timeline. Your answer (EVP) is located on the fourth track.
The 1st variant of processing.
The 2nd variant of processing.
Note 4. Before processing of the tracks by Noise Reduction, you can cut off all the frequencies above 4 kHz using the FFT filter, or a graphic equalizer (menu «Filters»)
The most "naive" explanation of experimentally proved working of this
method is that the man’s subconsciousness "catches" some fragments of
speech, and gives them a meaningful interpretation.
1. The real answer (which often represents a single word or sentence that gives an answer or a comment to experimenter’s question) stands out very clearly against the overall speech signal, can be filtered and consistently identified by experimenters.
2. There is a dependence of the number of responses received on the state and mood of the operator: in certain conditions (inappropriate time, operator’s fatigue) there are no responds at all, and it is confirmed by bystanders.
3. Finally, in violation of certain conditions, the effect is modest or disappears altogether.
So, let us consider other explanations:
1. Influence on the microphone signal by entities from the “other side”, which is chosen in such a way as to enhance or suppress individual phonemes during recording "stochastic" phonemic material.
2. Similar effect on the sound card.
3. Manipulation of error in the sampling (digitization) of the analog signal on the sound card, the accumulation of errors during successive re-recordings through the internal sound card mixer.
4. Influence on the PC processor during signal processing (it is the last stage - application of the function Noise Reduction).
We draw a parallel here with the video-method of Klaus Schreiber, who sought the full manifestation of his paranormal images through successive iterations – i.e. series of re-dubbing a picture from the screen on the film (see )
Comparison with the Stefan Bion’s program EVP Maker ().
Similar to the program EVP Maker, quasi-random verbal factor is used as the raw material for the formation of the responses, but the difference is that the formation of the signal is not discrete, but continuous, and moreover, in our method emergence of quite distinguishable separate EVPs takes place. These EVPs are quite characteristic and suitable for filtering.
Advantages of the method.
2. Exclusion of the argument of “random radio broadcasts” (signal is not broadcasted through the air, it’s never going beyond the sound card)
3. High frequency and quality of the responses.
4. Widespread availability of the method and its performance (distinct meaningful answers come in almost every session).
The disadvantages of the method are:
3. Difficulty of the method for experimenters who are not familiar with the applicable software.
Additional factors. It was discovered during experiments, that additional factors, such as quartz crystals, ultraviolet lights, metronome, rhythmically flashing fluorescent lamp, have a positive impact on the process of EVP recording, but they are not necessary.
Instead of re-recording through the internal mixer, you can use a combination of FM - transceiver which broadcasts "canned" speech to the radio (tuned to unoccupied FM radio frequency, connected to the sound card through mic input.
Parallels. The phenomenon of EVP in a computer without any external microphone signal was also opened by Brazilian researcher Sonia Rinaldi ()
1. Hildegard Schaefer. Bridge between the Terrestrial and Beyond. http://www.worlditc.org/c_04_s_bridge_content.htm
IPATI Bulletin № 23.
information go to the
some of our projects (part of them have been
You are visiting our website: Wrld ITC.org To reach our homepage click here please.